I’m participating in Blogging University’s Blogging 101 course, sponsored by The Daily Post on WordPress. Each day they give a topic, along with blogging tips. I think I know how to use most of WordPress fairly well, but I’m always looking to refocus and learn new things.
Day 1: Introduce Yourself to the World
Day 2: Title and Tagline
Day 3: Say Hello to the Neighbors
Day 4: Identify Your Audience
So, I’m trying something new today. I’m excited to think I have learned something new already — thanks, WordPress! I’m using a shortcode to create a list of poems all with the topic (tag) of love; directions and examples here and here. These are two different codes. An interesting note: I used the same word “love” in both shortcodes, but the lists are completely different; not sure why.
I think this is a great way to compile a list without having to do it manually. If you’ve tagged your posts well, then this is a real time saver! I thought this would be a neat, new way for my audience to see who I am and what I generally write about at a quick glance. I think I like the paragraph blurbs best. Which one do you prefer? The short, simple list or the longer preview style?
- That Mistake - I saw that mistake you made That flub for all to see How embarrassing to turn pink From cheek to cheek You should have been there But you weren’t You let people down Who were counting on you You knew And now everyone gives you that look For that mistake you made That one mistake […]
- Taking Up Arms - I’m taking up arms Against all the world’s harms And holding the flag of victory High enough for all to see So many fallen by my side And yet faith, hope, and love abide Shouting loud and standing strong Believing truth will right the wrong Opposing love comes at a cost But Love will gather […]
- Climbing Jacob’s Ladder - Angelic tones Ascending and descending From here to there And back again A love song from my friend Soft-spoken and beckoning He says, “Come” In every language ever known to man And while I can’t make out all the heavenly tones I am swept away in the symphony of sound So readily transported and transparent […]
- Dance - My fingers danced on the keyboard With lightening speed and grace Beauty, capturing time in space But they skipped a step tonight And couldn’t make sense or word Out of all the jumbles there And every rhythm of love composed Every mental measure and beat Fell dormant at the pretty dancer’s feet © March 31, […]
- Fall Down - Fall down water from my eyes Holy father, hear my cries Fall down chin upon my breast Till the last sin is confessed Fall down knees too weak to stand Dependent on my father’s hand Fall down flat, face to floor My broken spirit please restore Fall down mercy from above Evidence of a matchless […]
- Heartbeat - Heart beats open Beats closed Red rhythm of my soul Beats open Beats closed Center of the whole Beats open Beats closed Life flows through Beats open Beats closed From me to you Beats open Beats closed Tender words embrace Beats open Beats closed Rhythms full of grace Beats open Beats closed Constant come and […]
- I Wish - I wish I could’ve told you so And made you believe All the things that meant so much All the love received All the gifts and lavish graces Alive and living on Though you walk a different path Seeking a new dawn And you’ll find it cause you’re you And have so much more than […]
- Journey Onward - Journey onward Take my hand I’ll lead you homeward To the Promised Land No need to worry No need to fear I am your lover And I am right here So won’t you…take my hand, You know I understand the pain you’ve been through Don’t turn and walk away Don’t lose the faith that brought […]
- Let’s Skip the Moonlight Tonight - Let’s skip the moonlight tonight And forsake its bright beams To find greater light In each other’s dreams Let’s skip the moonlight tonight Fair prince among stars For the love in the sky On earth can be ours Let’s skip the moonlight tonight And burn candles instead While you sing to me softly As we […]
- Love Never Fails - Waiting here so patiently I hear him say so quietly “I paid the price for your sorrow” The work I do is to believe The fruit of faith I will receive And walk with my head high into tomorrow The love of God never fails So welcome all the wood and nails Let them hammer […]
- My Beloved - You are my beloved You shall be my bride You are my beloved I want you by my side You are my beloved I have chosen you You are my beloved And all you have to do …is believe in my love, my love Receive my love, my love I want you here, I want […]
- One Tear - One tear, two tear, three tear, four And I will offer many more Though I break and though I bend I know that tears are not the end Though love may tarry and healing same I bear a mighty Savior’s name And Him I trust with all of me With wrestled faith of a mustard […]
- Paintbrush - You have turned my insides out And colored them in pretty hues The makings of a masterpiece How could I refuse? The touch of a brush with a palette of paint With richness I’ve never seen You have washed all the gray and dark colors away And have painted a much fairer scene Full of […]
- Placebo - I didn’t know where we were going When I took your hand And led you down this slippery slope Only that slipping was a release From that steady place you hated so much And sliding brought relief From being so sure of yourself Finally free falling In tandem And somewhere we found ourselves at the […]
- Sentiment - It hurt so badly So I erased it all today It was almost gone anyway Faint sounds of laughter and love songs That one thing I forgot to tell you And one thing I wish you’d say No need for it now Precious memories Taken and tossed away Plundered by another Like thieves who rob […]
© June 13, 2015